Saturday, February 6, 2010

Super Bowl Gluttony

Hi there. Well, tomorrow is the big game. Truthfully, I don’t care about it. I don’t even know who’s playing. But it is a chance to make sinful food and indulge. Plus, it is a great excuse to entertain, and my Dad is having his golf buddies over. As always, we have planned a feast! I have listed what we (Suz and I) are preparing to give you some ideas in case you are watching it with a crowd, or by yourself.

Fried grit sticks with pimento cheese (The Chef I learned this recipe from called this “crack cheese” because it’s so good it’s addictive, like crack!)
Suzie’s famous, cream cheese and scallion dip (the best with potato chips!)
Guacamole
It wouldn’t be Super Bowl without Buffalo Chicken Wings and bleu cheese dressing (I just follow the recipe at the back of Franks Hot Sauce bottle)
Irish Nachos (seasoned waffle fries with melted cheese, bacon, green onions and Chipotle sour cream)
Oh, and my Smoked Pulled Pork Sandwiches with Cole Slaw!
And of course, my most favorite, BEER!
I may have to give in and have one of each and wash it all down with a frosty beer! Enjoy the game, enjoy the food and be safe!

No comments:

Post a Comment